RIMAC's weight room measures 12,000 square feet in size, with a "Pit" area of 3,000 square feet that is assignable for instruction or special workouts.
Read the weight and fitness room guidelines below, and see the rules governing the Pit, which may be reserved for groups and Rec classes.
RIMAC Weight and Fitness Room Guidelines:
If this is your first visit, please ask a supervisor for a liability orientation of the facility, or for a listing of the equipment and programs.
The facility is here for use by all patrons; please observe the following guidelines:
- Please show your valid I.D. to the attendant and sign a current liability waiver before using the weight-training facility.
- Demonstrate weight-room courtesy in the room at all times. Respect for the facility and equipment must be demonstrated at all times.
- If you don't know how to use a piece of equipment, please ask a supervisor. Do not use the equipment without proper knowledge.
- Replace your weights. Equipment is not to be left on the machines or on the floor. Do not lean weights on machines or walls.
- Collars are mandatory on Olympic bars at all times.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times. A shirt, pants, and appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. No open-toed shoes are permitted.
- No food, gum, cups or tobacco allowed. Water bottles and audio headphones are allowed.
- Terrycloth towels are required to use the facility. Shirts or sweatshirts are not permitted as a towel. Please wipe machines and equipment off after use.
- Immediately report any weight room-related injury or facility / equipment irregularity to the supervisor on duty.
- Bags are not permitted on the weight room lobby floor or on top of lockers. Day-use lockers are available in the weight room or on the 2nd floor.
- Attendants will not hold personal items behind the front desk. Backpacks, team bags, wallets, jewelry, and the like must be placed in a locker either here or downstairs. Skateboards may be checked in at the equipment room downstairs.
- Facility guidelines must be observed by all class participants, Intercollegiate Athletics members and patrons assisted by University personal trainers.
- Personal trainers not employed by the University of California, San Diego are unauthorized and not permitted.
These guidelines exist for the safety and respect of all patrons. Supervisors reserve the right to ask anyone to leave for failure to comply with these guidelines.